Friday, February 5, 2010

I Have A Problem





There is a book donor at my Goodwill who donates lots and lots of books. I have gotten out of the habit of going to the library for a lot of reasons. And books are only 50 cents at Goodwill. So, I buy lots and lots of books.
Books that have interesting titles.
Books by authors I've heard of before.
Books on the New York Times bestseller list.
Books on Oprah's list.
You get the idea. I can't stop myself. I have no room for more books. Then I get online and look up my books on Amazon or Goodreads and get a general idea of how well liked or dislike they are. I know this is a complete waste of my time.
Sometimes I wonder who this book donor is. I imagine it is a woman in her mid 50's who is well read and loves good fiction. I wish I could have a coffee with her some time. I am sure we'd talk books.
Gotta go find a place for all these damn books.
~Karen

5 comments:

Angel said...

Hi, Karen,
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister is an excellent book. Haven't read the others. But you should see my books! It's a life-long addiction for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah! lucky!
i wish i could go to your goodwill!! :)

Lisa said...

Love your method of book finding. I'm a book collector too. We have a great used book store here that I usually spend a mini fortune at from time to time. Good luck finding a spot for them.
lisa

Maggie said...

Looks like a fun problem Karen!

guam_mummy said...

Hi...I found my way here from 5 orange potatoes. Love this post. Here in Guam we have a secondhand book store not a thrift shop and for previously loved books the price is always half the original retail price. I have however picked up some absolute gems there (like the enchanted broccoli forest cookbook!).