Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Making Things & Firsts

It has been so busy around here. We have been running here and there non stop for over a week now. We've also kept busy making things!

Mimi has had her eye on this dollhouse for awhile now, but she didn't want to spend all her money on it, and it doesn't come with a family either. So, she drew a floor plan, and asked Kevin to make it.

She helped him, and here is what they came up with:
Isn't it fantastic? I really like it. I have been asked to make a rug for it! I feel honored! Mimi kept thanking me, and I finally asked why...since she and Kevin were doing all the work! And she said she was thanking me because I hoarded all the wood and without it they wouldn't have been able to make it! ;)- See! All hoarding is not bad!!!!! hehehehe

Mimi also had a big event in her life! She had her first tooth pulled.

She is quite proud of it. She was a little sore afterwards, and Ralphie seemed to know it, so he comforted her. Thankfully the dog does have some good qualities!!!!

The kids got a balloon kit from their Mamaw and Papaw, and they have had so much fun with it. I have balloon animals all over the house. :)

I made two pillows for the sofa. I really love all the colors here. I think she makes beautiful things. So, I was inspired to take on this project!
I hand sewed it onto an existing pillow cover with yarn. It was an easy cheat.
Here is the final look:


I hope everyone has a great week!
~Karen

1 comment:

Angel said...

Building a dollhouse together is a great project. I hope your week is going better...