Saturday, June 27, 2009

Weekends: Relaxing & Thinking

We've been playing outside, piddling in the garden, and trying to keep cool. It continues to be steamy here with humidity making the overall temperature feel over 100 degrees. BLECH!

Yummers! Fruit!
***
The chair is done! I am not 100% thrilled with it, but it is done, and I am sure it will be done again if we continue to own it.
***
Also, I have been thinking about the internet and the news lately. The news has horrible....North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq....Michael Jackson...Republican cheater senator...It goes on. And I am dumbfounded by all the Jon and Kate coverage, while it seems more pressing international issues take a back burner.

We don't watch much television. We don't get cable tv. But, I do keep up on the internet and NPR. Quite frankly, it scares the crap out of me. So, I think I will take a media break a couple days a week. Worry won't change a thing, but opting out of worrying just might.
~Karen

2 comments:

KW said...

the chair looks really nice. it's all ready for mimi and moe to decorate it! he he!

although they look like they're enjoying the outdoors, their faces are showing signs this miserable heat. i wore sandals on wednesday and burned the tops of my feet so bad they look purple.

when you say republican cheater, you mean that Sanford guy, or did someone cheat at being a republican?

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

lol...actually he was a governor...i was wrong. and i suppose he cheated everyone. he was going to try to write his trip off...i was glad his wife wasn't standing by his side at the press conference.