Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Parenting & Coping

It's been one of those days. Parents of toddlers know what I am talking about. Days when everything goes wrong, and everything makes your kid cry. It can be the tag on her shirt or her favorite toy has dead batteries, and all of it is simply too much for her. UGH! I am trying to handle each crying episode as they come...Offering distractions, trying to resolve whatever is so upsetting, and finally resorting to time outs. Oh! It is exhausting. I can't imagine having such internal chaos all the time. It must be exhausting to be a toddler. I am ready for Friday. Is it tomorrow? :(

Now the kids are napping.

I have distracted myself this afternoon with a new project: Rugs!
I have tried crocheting these before with no luck. It always curled up into a bowl. Then I came across the BEST tutorials. In less than ten minutes I understood how to do it. The instructor is great. Let me know if you try it, and how it goes for you...

Also, any advice or words of wisdom on parenting...if you have none, please offer a "hang in there!" I need it! :)
~Karen

5 comments:

KW said...

wish i had some toddler advice. they wear me out in about 30 minutes. maybe glue their shoes to the floor. haha!

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

hmmmm. is that legal? i kid...i kid...
;)
~karen

Maggie said...

Hi Karen! You just inspired me to write a very long post about this. Hope it can help! If not, I like the idea of sewing velcro to their clothing and where ever you want them to stay ;)

Aimee said...

I always think my kids must be the unhappiest children in the world, given how much they cry and whine. Glad to know I'm not alone. You're a fine mommy, Karen. Just one who needs a break!

Anonymous said...

i am sure you are doing great. i have absolutely no advice, but am sending a hug and lots of "hang in there"s. molly