Monday, July 12, 2010

Crochet, Garden, and Making Things

These crochet hooks are awesome. Their brand name is not lost on me.

Why do they rock more than the Boye ones?
The ends are completely rounded. I have all other brands have a slight point on the end, and it ends up hurting my hand. I will only use these hooks from now on!

Here is what I have been working on:
It is a blanket for a newly married couple. Hope they like it!
***
Finally lots of ripe tomatoes in the garden.
I love everything about tomatoes.
***
Miles made me this:
I love it. He used a pipe cleaner to make it. He was proud that I wore it out of the house. I think he thought I wouldn't wear it every day! :)
***
Finally I made this for Amelia.
I found these felt cut outs at Dollar Tree. I really like the look.

Live Long & Prosper!
Karen

3 comments:

Amanda Lou said...

Love the colors on the blanket!

KW said...

If you want I can round the ends of the pointy hooks for you. I can grind it round and then polish it smooth.

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

Thanks. I may take you up on it. I know I can too, but it is the small shavings I want nothing to do with!!!