Monday, April 27, 2009

Products we <3!

We are bossy. Well, mostly me anyway. I like to tell people when I like something. Maybe my bossy-pants ways led me to blog? Definitely. Anyway, here are some products we love! Hope we can convince you to try!

Laundry
After trying just about everything out there, I came across this stuff. It is simply the best! It's safe, non-toxic, and biodegradable! We had some rashes and skin issues that have now gone away since switching! It comes in a cloth bag, and has 80 loads in this small bag! Also, they have excellent customer service!
***
Love Borax. Great with stain removal, mold removal, general cleaning. Super cheap and lasts forever. Also, comes in a recyclable box!
***
Cleaning
Vinegar can be used to clean just about anything. I love mixing it with water in a spray bottle. I also happen to like the clean smell of it. You can purchase it in bulk , and it will last a long time.
***

Personal Care
We have tried just about every deoderant out there...I was concerned about the aluminum – used in commercial antiperspirants – which has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease. This stuff is the best. I love it!

I also LOVE this soap, and it is all that we use.


We use this on our hair. Each of the Dr. Bronner soaps boasts 16 or so uses. We generally just wash our hair with it.
***
In the Kitchen
I don't know what I would do without curry powder. I have tried all the brands, and I usually end up liking the generic ones the best. Stir fry some veggies, and sprinkle on the curry powder! Try some curried butternut squash on cous cous!


AH! The George Foreman. Has 5 interchangable, dishwasher safe plates...can I say any more? Seriously, this thing is amazing. It was a gift to us, and we use it DAILY!
***
Toy of the Week!
Generic Jenga blocks.

Okay. I am done with my bossy know-it-all tips for the day.
Have a good week!
~Karen

2 comments:

sara said...

we love most of those things too! i like to mix dr. bronner's soap, vinegar, water & tea tree or lavender oil to clean house with.
hope to play with ya soon!
love
sara

noodle and lou said...

That laundry powder bag is so cute! Reminds me of a simpler time:) Thanks for sharing your faves!! xox...jenn