Monday, May 4, 2009

In my spare time

I've been keeping busy with playdates, crafting, and family visits. I really would like day where I could sleep in until noon or so, but I don't think that is gonna happen anytime soon! A person can always dream though....
***
I finished a fantastic book: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. This book was a great read. The main character, Precious, is the kind of character every book needs. She has patience, wisdom, and inner peace. Get the book. I promise you will enjoy it.
***
Yesterday my mom gave me my grandmother's quilt . I debated whether I should use it or store it away. I decided to use it. We only live once, and I will derive great pleasure from using it. It is in perfect condition since it was never used. It is fun to look at the fabric and wonder if which came my grandmother's dresses or my father's shirts.

Isn't it lovely?

***
It is May, but I've decided to start making X-mas gifts now. I hated how I was making things up to the last minute last year. It was hard on my hands. This year I am making scarves and fingerless gloves for all the ladies! I am going to crochet little flowers to attach to the scarf and gloves....everyone needs some bling bling, right?


***
And finally, the kids' art is taking over the fridge, so I decided to steal an idea from my friend Sara. She took strips of wood and glued on clips. Then she attached them to the wall:
Here is what I used:

You can use the E6000 to attach a button or whatever to the clips. I used quilted fabric with a button sewn on. It dressed the clips up a little.

***
Alright, that is enough for today. I am off to read!
Have a wonderful week!
~Karen

3 comments:

sara said...

beautiful quilt! your wall clippies look great! love the fabric on them to jazz them up a bit!

Aimee said...

Use that quilt! It's too beautiful not to! My grandma made one for me and I'm sure she's glad it's being used and not hiding in a box somewhere.

Moon child photography said...

Selfmade stuff is always the most beautiful stuff. If you don't wanna keep the quilt than please send it to germany lol.
Have a fantastic day