I nabbed this at Goodwill today for $2. It has everything in the box to make a crocheted Bert! Oh my! It is from 1979, and it is still has plastic around the box. I am too excited to make this. Even if the kids don't like it, I will! :)
***
I just finished Kent Haruf's Plainsong, and it was great! I highly recommend it. Next on my plate is the 4th book in the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series The Kalahari Typing School For Men.
***
I can't imagine a world without books. I can imagine a world without TV though. I think people would be happier if they watched less TV and read more. Sometimes friends will ask me how I managed to get something done, and I usually don't tell them this...But, people who watch little TV have a lot more time to do productive things. I can craft, read, etc....
I don't mind documentaries. Yesterday we watched one on Woody Guthrie...It was a PBS masters program, and it was great. I am not talking about good TV programs. We don't get cable TV, so our TV viewing is limited to free channels. Thankfully PBS is free.
Alright, I am done rambling. Go to the library. Get a membership. Check out a book. You'll be happier!
~Karen
3 comments:
maybe you shouldn't crochet that bert. maybe you should save it as a collectible.
nah!!!! you only live once...and i can't see it being THAT valuable! plus, after my death, my kids would then be forced to hold onto it! they would tell their kids how much they hated that i never made it, and how much therapy it took to finally come to peace with it all....:)
oooh you need a crochet Ernie now!!! so cute. love goodwill:) btw, my husband LOVES woody guthrie...sorry we missed that!! xoxo...jenn
Post a Comment