Monday, September 7, 2009

Holidays!

Our new toy: A Dell Mini 10:

I love it! We bought it at Sam's Wholesale.
And what I love even more about it is that it in its' instructions it offers Linux Ubuntu setup instructions. You can get it with Windows XP....Why? I have no idea. We are a Microsoft -free family!
I love having internet access. Both kids hog the other two computers in this house. Moe likes playing the Wiggles games and PBS kid's games, while Mimi loves Starfall.
***
Finally! I finished Auntie Mei's and Uncle Keith's blanket! I am quite proud of it. All the yarn came from yard sales or Goodwill. It was rather inexpensive to make, but it was time consuming.
My next project is a wool rug. I cut the strips last night. I got a cutting board and an Olfa rotary cutter. It has made things so much easier. My back couldn't handle cutting by hand on the floor!
***
We are enjoying having Kevin home today. Looove holidays. The kids were up at the crack of dawn. We left some zucchini bread on the table in ziploc bags! They let us sleep in until 9 am. It was nice. :) Thanks kiddos!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
~Karen




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that blanket looks great! i want one of those rotary cutters soooooo bad...:(

glad you're enjoying your labor day weekend!

Veronica said...

The blanket looks awesome and I can't wait to see pics of your rug. You are such a crafty person!
The mini computer looks awesome. Does it work just like a regular laptop, only smaller (can you upload pictures, programs and are you able to connect through your wireless internet at home, or does it require a connection)? Would love to know a little more about it.
Oh, and my kids loooove zuchinni bread. Maybe I will have to start leaving little baggies of it on the table so they won't wake me at the crack of dawn!

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

V-
Hi! The mini works as any other laptop, but is slightly smaller. I actually like the size. You can upload pics. And it does have a wireless card in it. It is very user friendly, and you are more than welcome to come over and take a look! The kids could play while we mess around on the internet! lol! :)

Moon child photography said...

I want this blanket. Great job!

p.s Just let me know when you are done making mine and I'll send you my address ;)

sara said...

very beautiful blanket! are you taking orders??? just teasing :)

Molly said...

your blanket looks incredible! wow for you! that's a lot of crochet :)